- Balance for the dog and all shipping expenses are required in full before the dog will be shipped.
- Domestic Shipments in mainland USA: Prices for dogs/pups do NOT include shipping. We recommend and only schedule shipping with a shipper that offers insurance, such as Delta Airlines, as shipping expenses are not covered in our guarantee. If you wish to go with a ground transporter, that is up to you, but do so at your own risk. Shipping a puppy domestically with Delta Airlines requires the pup to be 8 weeks of age, freight airfare, a crate, 2 bowls, bedding, and a general health certificate from our veterinarian (licensed by the state of Mississippi) as all these items are required by law and/or the Delta Airlines. Dogs over 3 months require proof of rabies vaccination, a larger crate, and typically significantly more freight. Additional requirements and expenses exist for shipping to Alaska or Hawaii, or when shipping internationally.
ESTIMATES for shipping within mainland U.S.A. via Delta Pets w/ insurance coverage.
AMERICAN SENTINEL K9, LLC's DEPOSIT POLICY
||Crate, bowls, bedding
||TOTAL SHIPPING COST|
|9 - 12 weeks
|3 - 4 months
|5 - 6 months
|7 - 8 months
*Actual freight is influenced by size & weight. Quotes for shipping to Alaska or Hawaii can be provided.
Click HERE for details on International Shipping
A deposit of $500 may be placed to reserve a particular selection from whichever selections are available at the time the deposit is received (open spots are highlighted in blue
). We wish to have appropriate homes arranged for our dogs in a timely manner and it is unfair to us and the dog to cancel at the last minute. For this reason deposits with American Sentinel K9, LLC are nonrefundable, and we ask that you only place a deposit to reserve a dog if you are 100% certain about your commitment to follow through with your purchase. If a breeding is unsuccessful, deposits may be transferred to a future breeding of the client's choice.
Payments for deposits may be made by PayPal
; however, we no longer accept PayPal
or personal check payments for outstanding balances or for the shipping expenses unless such payment is made at least 61 days prior to shipment. We are unable accept credit cards. Payoff balances need to be paid by certified check, U.S. Postal money order, Western Union, or cash before the dog or pup will be delivered. The American Sentinel K9, LLC Purchase Agreement
explains our commitment, explains our guarantee, and contains important questions for our clients to answer so we can best understand our client's desires and needs.
Each puppy we produce is evaluated in terms of temperament, drive, confidence, and structure to identify their potential and update the puppy pictures or videos every few weeks, especially between five and seven weeks of age. Clients are asked to make their final selection by seven weeks of age, so we plan on shipping the pups at eight weeks of age as we have found the puppies adjust to their new homes best at that age. Deviation from this schedule requires that previous arrangements have been made and agreed upon. An extra week may be required for puppies that have their ears cropped. Any outstanding balance, including shipping expenses, must be paid in full before the puppies are seven weeks old.
AMERICAN SENTINEL K9, LLC'S REPLACEMENT GUARANTEE
The American Sentinel K9, LLC replacement guarantee is only offered to our clients that complete the American Sentinel K9, LLC Purchase Agreement
at the time they make their deposits or purchase, so please send in a completed copy of that form with your deposit or purchase. While we tend to be very good at identifying the working potential in our dogs and are very effective in matching the right dog with each client, we are dealing with living beings, not man-made "cookie cut" products. Each dog is an individual and is slightly different. That is how genetics works. As a result, should any "working class" dog sold by American Sentinel K9, LLC have a genetic fault that negatively affects the health, structural soundness, or performance of the animal within the dog's first two years of life, we agree to provide a replacement pup upon the return of the original dog
if the following terms have been met...
- A completed and signed copy of the American Sentinel K9, LLC Purchase Agreement was submitted at the time of purchase (or when the deposit was placed).
- The client must take the dog to a licensed veterinarian within 72 hours of its arrival. All the dogs we ship come with a general health certificate that was obtained immediately before their shipment. Many diseases have an incubation period that is less than a week, so we need this done before the dog comes into contact with diseases in your area. This requirement protects the dog, protects you as the client, and protects the breeder by eliminating any confusion by any party as to the dog's health during the time of delivery. We want every client to know they obtained a dog that got off to a healthy start.
- The client must provide the dog with the care and attention needed to maintain good health and proper development.
- The client accepts any and all expenses for the care of the dog, such as food, general health care, ear trim, etc, as these expenses are not covered by our guarantee.
- The client accepts any and all shipping expenses for returning the original dog (should that be necessary) and for receiving the replacement dog, as shipping expenses are not covered in our replacement guarantee.
- In order to ensure that only high performance American Sentinels are bred, any and all warranties with American Sentinel K9, LLC are void if the original dog has been bred.
This policy offers ethical protection to all parties involved (including the dog), and also helps protect the breed's future. American Sentinel K9, LLC does not refund purchases. All clients that purchase a dog or pup from American Sentinel K9, LLC agree to accept these and all other terms and conditions stated in the American Sentinel K9, LLC purchase agreement.
AMERICAN SENTINEL CANINE REGISTRY (ASCR)
The American Sentinel Canine Registry (ASCR) requires the use of performance selection to maintain the working characteristics of the breed. To preserve the desired traits stated in the ASC Breed Standard, all dogs must pass the Breed Suitability Test (BST) as described on the back of the ASCR documents before their offspring are eligible for registration. For this reason, anyone claiming to have American Sentinel Canines registered with any registry other than the ASCR is guilty of fraudulent practices and will be disbarred from the ASCR. Dogs may be named or renamed by their owners, but the formal name shall be preceded by the abbreviation or name of the breeder. ASCR Pedigree & Certificate of Registration
is normally $20; however, dogs purchased from American Sentinel K9, LLC will come with one copy at no charge.
EAR CROPPING - available for an additional $250
If your puppy is between 7-10 weeks, we can schedule the ear cropping with our veterinarian and charge $250 for this service. Erect ears improve hearing
and are seen in all wild mammals.
TAIL DOCKING (or not)
There is a lot of incorrect information out there about full length tails vs. docked tails. Review our page about docked tails and cropped ears
, you will understand why the tails on our dogs are docked the way they are. If you still want a full length tail after reading this page, we can accommodate that request but only if you have first pick on a breeding and are willing to make that pick when the pups are only 5-7 days old, as we dock the tails on the pups on their 7th day. That said, if you read this page
, I image you will see there really is no benefit for a full length tail over the mid-length tail when it comes to close quarters combat.